Today I have a little story and a face of the day for you. I bought a hairdryer last week and after not having one for about 2 years it made me feel kind of fabulous with my natural curly hair. I couldn't believe how shiny my hair looked in after blow drying in comparison to when I air dry it. Anyways, all that I did to style it was add some Loreal Mythic Oil to calm down the overall puffyness and yeah. I am thinking I need to spend some more time embracing my natural hair, and learning how to style and control the curls, rather than just tying in back in a bun or straightening it most days....
Inspired by my natural hair I decided to also go quite natural in my makeup today. This could almost be a "no makeup" makeup look if I had've used a more natural looking mascara.
1. I applied Covergirl's Trublend Foundation. This foundation is like a tinted moisturiser in my opinion, but what I like about it is that it is a very pale shade. A lot of light coverage products that I have tried tend to be too dark for me in even the lightest shade. This product is very weightless too which I love.
2. I used Australis Fresh and Flawless Powder very lightly on my forehead, nose and chin, just too stop them from looking too shiny.
3. I filled in my eyebrows using the wax from the Face of Australia Brow Kit. I love this shade for me, it's almost half a shade too dark, which I love. It results in a stronger brow look.
4. I applied Nyx's Taupe blush super lightly as a countour. Cause a lady's got to have cheekbones.
5. I used Bourjois's Beauty Full Volume Mascara. The lady at Priceline randomly gave this to me for free when I bought my hairdryer. It clumps my lashes something chronic so I had to use a metal separating comb. It does add a lot of length though.
6. I applied Australis' Colour Inject Mineral Lipgloss in Contemporary. I don't think I have ever spoken about this lipgloss on here before but it is the best nude lipgloss ever. If I could only own one lipgloss this would probably be the one.
Anyways this post was mainly to say that I'm in love with my new hairdryer, as it has helped me to love my natural hair again!
I'd love to know what your hair type is and how you style it! If you have curly hair, I'd love to know any good tips and tricks you have :)