I actually received my Bellabox before Christmas but in the crazy rush of things I hadn't had time to post about it. So sorry that this is a bit late, but here's what I got in my December Bellabox.
Another month, another Bellabox
1. Savior Faire Palette in Winter - Full Size Product
2. Allegra Rhodes Hand and Nail Cream in Red Lychee - Sample 5ml
3. Anumi Miracle Recovery - Sample
4. Zipettes - Full size
5. John Frieda Frizz Ease - Sample 30ml
6. Reb'l Fleur by Rihanna - Sample Sachets
Now I usually leave the reviews of the products I receive until the following months, but I was playing around with the palette the other day and thought it would be worth giving you some swatches and first impressions.
Blush - Devoted, Eye shadows - Devout, Spicy, Kinetic, Liberating, Vivacious, Immortal,
Lipgloss - Je t'amie, Eyeliner - Onyx
Lipgloss - Je t'amie, Eyeliner - Onyx, Mascara - Noir Black
The thing that kind of annoys me about this palette is that it retails for $110. This seems grossly overpriced. It would take amazing quality and value for me to drop $110 on one makeup item. The blush is lovely and very pigmented. The eye shadows are nice and soft, and the pigmentation is good. However they do not have the amazing, luxurious, buttery texture of other high end eye shadows I own (cough cough Urban Decay, bareMinerals). The lipgloss formula is really lovely. The shade is quite a translucent nude shade and it tastes lovely. I would certainly buy a full size lip gloss in this formula if it wasn't too overpriced. The mascara is my least favourite wand shape ever but I haven't used it yet. The eye liner is rather crap. I need something with staying power, and after I had let this eyeliner set on my arm for 10 minutes, I was still able to smudge is easily with my finger, as seen below.
Overall I applaud Bellabox for including a palette as a Christmas gift to their subscribers, I am just skeptical over whether anyone should or would pay $110 for this palette.
Now for the November reviews!
1. Skinmiso Nose Pore Pack - Didn't see much being done here, would not repurchase.
2. Palmolive Strawberry Smoother Exfoliating Body Wash - Delicous smelling, lovely stuff. Would buy!
3. Bioderma Crealine H20 - Oh my goodness, new holy grail makeup remover. I don't think I can ever go back! LOVE!!!!! Will repurchase till the end of time.
4. 4me Nail Polish Remover Pads - Amazing little product, I have already repurchased 2 more packs off the Bellabox store. Wish we could get them in stores.
5. Bloom Glitter Liquid Eyeliner - I thought this looked really nice but when I applied it it went all over my eyelid and made a huge mess. Was not a fan, would not repurchase.
6. John Plunkett Essentials Anti Aging Moisturiser - Would not use, contains mineral oil.
7. Swisse Hand Cream - For me hand cream is all about the smell and this just didn't do it for me.