Up until very recently - I never gave a damn about skin care.
Some background - I am only 19 years old and I have never had terrible skin. My main skin concerns have always been redness and very minor breakouts. I have combo skin - a little bit oily, a little bit sensitive and a little bit dry. So it all balanced itself out in the end right?
I have something to confess to you ladies - I am lazy as hell.
I used to come home from work/school, half arsedly use a makeup wipe to remove the face and slump onto the couch or computer chair. Cleansers, moisturizers and toners were not present in my life.
Now what was the thing that jolted me into caring? One day I was taking off my makeup and I noticed it -FINE LINES. MOTHERF-
Just look at them. I'm 19.
So that was a sad day to be Mishelle. But it was the wake up call I needed to start being more proactive about looking after my skin.
In my searching I came across Caroline blog called Beauty Mouth. This quote is from her post things I say over and over again:
"If you would spend more on shoes, handbags, lipstick, jeans or fashion in general than you would on high quality skincare - you will be a sixty year old woman (and man) with a vintage wardrobe and a face like an alligator."
This really got me thinking and so I have decided that once I have finished up my current lot of products in my bathroom, I am going to invest in some quality skincare. Here are some items that I want to start using.
1. Pai Camellia & Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser - a gentle cleanser filled with vitamins. Made with natural ingredients - it has to be used within 6 months of opening.
2. Bioderma Crealine H2O - this makeup remover speaks for itself, it has a huge reputation in the blogging community, so I guess I have to try it out!
3. Avene Thermal Spring Water - I already received a sample of this from Priceline a while ago. When I got it I was so skeptical over this water in a can. But it really works to calm the skin!
4. Vichy Normaderm Hydrating Care - I have heard a lot about the brand Vichy and I really want to try out this moisturiser as it claims to clean up your skin and minimize your pores.
5. Clarisonic Mia - I am thinking of asking for one for Christmas, I have heard that they really do provide amazing results, but I am still not 100% sure.
6. Natio Ageless Firming Night Cream - I already own and have been using this product and I love it. It makes my skin feel so soft!
7. Origins GinZing Eye Cream - One again I have heard a whole lot about this product. I am not happy with my current eye cream's hydration level so I'm thinking of switching to this!
8. Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask - I have heard a few people say that this truly gives you beautiful, glowing skin, and that's something I could get on board with!
What is your holy grail skincare product?